Friday, August 16, 2013

Our Taco Salad

Taco Salad





This is a very simple meal to make.


Ingredients I Used:

tortilla chips
ground beef
taco seasoning packet
taco style shredded cheese
lettuce (chopped) 
tomato (chopped)
black olives (chopped)
green spanish olives (chopped)
sour cream

1) First I cook the ground beef, drain it, and then add the taco seasoning mix with 1/3 cup water.  I cook it for about ten minutes or until all the water is absorbed.

2)  While the ground beef is cooking I prepare all the other toppings.  I put everything in separate containers so it is easy to assemble the taco salad later. 

3)  To assemble the taco salad I put the tortilla chips on the plate first.  Then I add the seasoned beef.  Top that with the taco style shredded cheese.  Then I add the chopped lettuce, tomato, black olives and green olives.  Finally I add a spoon of sour cream on the top. 

This is a very simple dinner to make that my family enjoys.  There are many other toppings you can use to make this dish.

What are your favorite taco toppings?  Please share in the comments below.

Enjoy!

Deb :)

***In the future I will include more photos in the step by step process.  It was too late when I realized that I hadn't taken photos throughout this recipe.    

No comments:

Post a Comment