Monday, August 19, 2013

Tuna Fish Salad Sandwich

On Friday I made tuna fish salad sandwiches.  These are so yummy especially when it is made with sweet red tomatoes from the garden.  They are so good!




I make this sandwich with whole grain bread.  I like the hearty taste of this bread.  I also like to toast the bread.  Something about the crunchiness and the soft texture of the tuna appeals to me.  Other people might prefer their tuna salad on a roll.


I prefer to use the canned tuna in water instead of the oil.  That is how I had it growing up and I have always stayed with the same kind.  To the tuna I add a little mayo, a pinch of celery salt, and a pinch of onion powder.  Sometimes I add fresh chopped red onion, but I didn't have any on hand. 

I drain some dil pickle chips on a paper towel and set them aside.

I like to put the pickles right on the tuna salad.  

Then I add the lettuce and tomatoes.

Add your favorite chips (I like tortilla chips) to accompany your sandwich and you have yourself a nice light dinner.

How do you make your tuna salad.  Share it in the comments below. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Deb :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment